We advise clients on the business-related aspects of Public International Law and European Union Law.
In regard to Public International Law our practice encompasses:
- State responsibility and attribution;
- State immunity;
- Bilateral and Multilateral Treaties for Protection of Foreign Investment;
- Treaty interpretation.
In regard to European Union Law our practice includes:
- Merger control and other competition issues;
- State aid;
- Public Procurement;
- Internal Market;
- Monetary union.
Recent representative experience1
- We provided legal advice to a sovereign client in regard to state immunity.
- We have provided advice to the Republic of Bulgaria on multiple occasions in regard to interpretation and termination of treaties.
- We advised and represented the Republic of Bulgaria in the public international law aspects of an international petrol pipeline project.
- We provided legal advice to a Bulgarian company regarding the structure of its foreign investments so that they are optimally protected by the relevant bilateral investment treaties.
- We provided advice to a Bulgarian IT company in regard to the in-house ordering legislation and practice of the European Union.
- We are representing a client in two complex state aid proceedings before the European Commission.
1 Article 8 (4) of the Ethical Rules of the Bulgarian Bar Association does not permit attorneys at law to disclose the names of their clients. We do not share the view that disclosing the names of our clients is unethical. Nevertheless, unlike other law firms, we follow the rule.